New Product Hits & Misses
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don’t have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what’s out there! So Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100 so you know what you can expect when you try something new! SupermarketGuru does not sell the foods we review, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them. Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What’s in it, how natural is it?
5. (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.
8. (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint? * products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score To see more New Product Hits & Misses visit: http://www.supermarketguru.com
This product is a HIT! As kids we all loved maraschino cherries but then something happened we learned to read and our taste buds became more sophisticated and now that sickeningly sweet syrup now makes us cringe at the idea of ever eating one again! Forget that Tillen Farms Merry Maraschino Cherries are unbelievable. They taste fabulous and fresh and there is nothing artificial! I promise you will love these right out of the jar. Retails for $6.99. Tillen Farms 212 957 0055
This product is a HIT! Chavelas really does have a great recipe for salsa this is for those who love spicy, hot and flavorful My only complaint is that it is a little more runny than I would like, but the chunks of tomato and chile are great and this is perfect with fish. Retails for $3.40.
Alvarado Enterprises, Inc. http://www.chavelasonline.com
This product is a HIT! Close your eyes. Now picture yourself lying in a beach chair on South Beach sipping a perfectly made Cuban mojito as the sun warms your toes. But who has time for that these days? Purista has done the work so we just have to enjoy. Made with organic sugar cane juice, the flavor is excellent although I do prefer my mojitos a little less sweet. Now you do not HAVE to add fresh mint its already in here but do it anyway so no one calls you a gringo! Retails for $6.00.
Synergy Beverages, Inc. http://www.puristacocktail.com.
his product is a HIT! What I hate about most natural peanut butters is that they separate and yes, it is because they dont contain the artificial stuff that keeps the peanut butter from separating. Naturally More is made with peanuts, wheat germ, flaxseed, cane sugar, egg whites, honey and flaxseed oil and thats it. The taste is fabulous and if they could ever figure out how to keep it from separating this would be perfect. But theres no way that every time I want peanut butter Im gonna spend the time and muscle power mixing it together. Retails for $3.30.SNACLite, LLC http://www.naturallymore.com
This product is a HIT! Why do all superfoods have to be dense green? Dark green is just not an appetizing color for a beverage. The truth is that this Amazing Grass SuperFood actually tastes very fruity so close your eyes to get past the color and drink up! One serving actually delivers your fruit and vegetable needs for the day along with a ton of vitamins, including A, C and K. Its also gluten free and veganterrific but just change the color! Retails for $27.99 (which makes 30 6 oz servings). Amazing Grass866-472-7711
Duration : 0:4:0