New Product Hits & Misses
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don’t have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what’s out there! So Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100 so you know what you can expect when you try something new! SupermarketGuru does not sell the foods we review, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them. Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What’s in it, how natural is it?
5. (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.
8. (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint?
* products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score To see more New Product Hits & Misses visit: http://www.supermarketguru.com
If you love chicken curry you would love this product. The seasonings are fabulous, but theres one major problem see these pieces of chicken on the front of the package I didnt find them anywhere. I did find the odd piece of shredded or miniscule pieces of chicken but thats not what the package is advertising. Its all natural, nothing artificial and really terrific, but give us our chicken! Retails for $4.59. Ethnic Gourmet Foods 800 739 4838
his product is a HIT! If you want an egg whites omelet and just dont want the fuss Cedarlanes Egg White Omelette is for you. Its gluten free, low cholesterol and very tasty. While the variety is Uncured Turkey Bacon, Vegetable and Cheese, take a look, its also loaded with potato, which is the second ingredient. Lotsa spices in a good way and really very satisfying. 13 g of fat, 640 mg of sodium, 21 g of carbs and 24 g of protein. Retails for $3.99. Cedarlane Natural Foods, Inc 800 826 3322 http://www.cedarlanefoods.com
I love tilapia, but I really dont understand what 5 star tilapia means. Yes, on the back of the box they have 5 stars that describe their product, but doesnt 5 stars usually refer to a credible rating or to an award? It is a little misleading especially when 1 of the stars refers to the fact that its quick frozen for optimal freshness. The flavor of the herbs and spices is fair, but not exceptional and one look at the ingredients will convince you to just buy some plain frozen tilapia, add your own spices and grill it itll cost you about half as much and be much better. Sorry Gortons Fisherman get back on your boat! Retails for $3.99 for 2 filets. Gortons 800 335 3674
This product is a HIT! You already know that Im a fan of hemp and just to remind everybody hemp while it is in the family of marijuana there is absolutely no connection to the drug. Most of the founding fathers of our nation actually grew hemp and it is thought of as one of the most nutritional seeds in the world. This hemp oil from Nutiva has a nice green color, a nice delicate flavor and is rich in omega 3s, 6s and 9s. This is as good as some of the best olive oils on the market. Retails for around $13.99. Nutiva 800 993 4367
Im a huge fan of Christopher Guest and Best in Show so when I had to choose which flavor to try of course it had to be the Vanilla Nut. Achiev One is yet another energy beverage, but this one gets its boost from coffee concentrate and vitamin B3 (which is Niacinamide). The taste is a lot better than many of the energy drinks that are out there and also it has a lot less sugar, but tell us more tell us how much caffeine is in the container and tell us just how high the antioxidants are that youre touting. Retails for $11.76 / 4 pack. Skylarhaley 866 759 5274
Duration : 0:3:43