New Product Hits & Misses
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don’t have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what’s out there! So Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100 so you know what you can expect when you try something new! SupermarketGuru does not sell the foods we review, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them. Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food.
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What’s in it, how natural is it?
5. (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.
8. (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint?
* products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score To see more New Product Hits & Misses visit: http://www.supermarketguru.com
This product is a HIT! This baked snack is all about NO. No Corn Syrup. No Gluten. No Wheat. No hydrogenated oils. No trans fat. No Preservatives. But there is one important Yes the taste is one of the best cheese snacks I have ever tried. Although I do like the typical cheese curl shape instead of the round puff but Ill live with that for this kind of flavor. And I dont care what the name is this is NOT just for kids. Retails for $2.49 – $2.79. Snikiddy LLC, Boulder, CO 866 892 5365
This product is a HIT! I know what you are thinking who cares about smaller sized wagon wheels, bow ties and fusilli? After tasting these I do. Not only does the smaller sized shapes cook faster, but I also found that as a result there was a higher sauce to pasta ratio in every bite. These are also perfect for those summer pasta salads. Retails for $2.25. Barilla America, Inc., Bannockburn, IL
800 922 7455
Everyone wants to get in on the tea craze. And why not? Tea sales throughout the world are way bigger than coffee sales. This pure certified organic unsweetened white tea is great tasting. Nothing has been added except vitamin C. Its an import from China and I find the packaging to be a little wasteful with an extra piece of plastic spout. And just so there is no confusion white tea is the same as black or green, just the leaves of the tea are harvested before they are fully opened. The name “white tea” comes from the fine white hair that covers the uppermost tender buds of the plant. Retails for $1.69 – $1.89. Bombilla & Gourd, Inc., Lyndhurst, NJ 212 584 4329
his product is a HIT! Whats a granadilla? It is also known as Golden Passion Fruit, and is the sweetest of the Passifloras. But there is no Granadilla in this jar! It does have pomegranate juice chipotles and black beans and tastes fabulous. But there is no granadilla! Its a sweet and tangy sauce that I would use over fish, meat and chicken. But there is no granadilla! Retails for $3.99. Rosa Mexicano Kitchen, New York, NY 212 397 0666 http://www.rosamexicano.com
This product is a HIT! Texas Tasty is just that. Great flavor. Great aroma. Just the right amount of spiciness and only 5 grams of sugars and those are from brown sugar not that other stuff. Also love the flip top both for food safety and pouring. For the BBQ fiends out there this is one to taste. Retails for $4.95. Reinke Enterprises, Inc., Staples, TX 512 357 6633
Duration : 0:3:24