New Product Hits & Misses
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don’t have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what’s out there! So Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100 so you know what you can expect when you try something new! SupermarketGuru does not sell the foods we review, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them. Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What’s in it, how natural is it?
5. (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.
8. (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint? * products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score To see more New Product Hits & Misses visit: http://www.supermarketguru.com
This product is a HIT! This product is a hit! Dont let the package fool you Red Espresso is not what you think it is not coffee, it is Rooibos tea. Rooibos has over 5 times the amount of antioxidants as green tea and claims to relieve insomnia, to have a calming effect and ease digestion. We tested it in an espresso machine and not only was it a full-bodied, great taste, but not at all acidic – and its also caffeine-free. Retails for $12.99. Better
Living, Inc Xtreme not available
This product is a HIT! This product is a hit! V8s new Passionfruit Tangerine is 100% juice with no added sugar, the flavor and mouth-feel is terrific. Its also low sodium (only 70 mg) and contains 600 mg of potassium, but like any juice made with fruit its high in sugars (24 g). This will quench your thirst and at the same time gives you a full serving of both fruits and vegetables in just an 8oz serving. Retails for $3.99. (Please note: the price in the video is incorrect due to an editorial error.) Campbell Soup Company 800 871 0988
This product is a HIT! This product is a hit! Most people who have grain allergies are limited in the cereals they can consume. JK Gourmet is gluten-free and made with a tasty recipe of sunflower seeds, organic raisins, coconuts, walnuts, almonds, honey, pecans, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. It might not be as crispy as other granolas, but with no trans fats and no added fat, it is a great alternative to cereal, or just to munch on as a great snack. Retails for $9.99. Grain-Free JK Gourmet 800 608 0465
This product is a HIT! This product is a hit! Clif Bars new entry Clif Quench needs some help. I know its a sports drink and I know its loaded with electrolytes and I know its designed to keep us hydrated while exercising, but the taste just isnt there. Theres no high fructose corn syrup, its made with organic evaporated cane juice instead and no artificial colors which means that many people will be surprised when they open it and see that its clear. Just remember when you see the 88% organic on the front of the label that means that 88% of the added ingredients are organic needless to say, the filtered water, which is the main ingredient, doesnt count in that percentage. Retails for $1.49. Clif Bar & Company 800 CLIF BAR http://www.clifbar.com
This product is a HIT! This product is a hit! There have been a lot of skillet meals that have come on the market Putney Pastas Chicken Piccata Skillet is exceptional. Putney Pasta started out with unique shapes and flavors of frozen ravioli. These new skillet pastas live up to this brands reputation. The organic white wine and lemon sauce is a perfect balance, with hormone free chicken and capers and the penne came out perfectly al dente. Retails for $8.99 10.99. Putney Pasta
800 AL DENTE
Duration : 0:3:47