New Product Hits & Misses
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don’t have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what’s out there!
So Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100 so you know what you can expect when you try something new!
SupermarketGuru does not sell the foods we review, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them.
Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What’s in it, how natural is it?
5. (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.
8. (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint?
* products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score
To see more New Product Hits & Misses visit: http://www.supermarketguru.com
This product is a HIT! The Napoli boys are from New Jersey just like me which means we all love Italian ices! Their mango flavor really tastes like mango and even though pure sugar cane is the second ingredient it does not taste overly sweet and they get an extra shout out for no artificial ingredients and no high fructose corn syrup. Retails for $3.69. Napoli Boys Italian Ice Company, Bedford, NJ 732 787 7074
This product is a HIT! Frieda introduced us to the kiwi decades ago and she and her daughter Karen have built the premier specialty produce business in the country So what are they doing making garlic dip? Well, this is a lot more than a dip you can use it to cook with and spread it on anything, including a burger. It is 100% natural and dairy free. I love the fact that they tell us that the garlic comes only from California. Just canola oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt it does not get any better than this! Retails for $3.99 Friedas Inc., Los Angeles,
CA 800 241 1771
As the story goes Vicki (as in Picky Vicki) grew up in the South and her family were BBQ mavens. This Brazenly Bold sauce is really good it has got the right flavor balance to it but what is with the high fructose corn syrup and molasses? And beware even though the label says there are only 4 grams of sugars in one serving keep in mind that one serving is just one tablespoon and who only uses just one tablespoon? Retails for $5.99 Ribs N Things, LLC, Belair, Maryland
443 876 4793
This product is a HIT! If you think that cookies made without peanuts, tree nuts, eggs or dairy are not going to be good Divvies will change your mind. These Molasses Ginger cookies taste great not too sweet and just the right texture. 2 cookies are 160 calories so think treat. By the way Divvies donates part of their profits to support organizations to help those with food allergies. Retails for $10.00 (for 7 individually wrapped packages of 2 cookies) Divvies, LLC, South Salem, NY 914 533 0333
This product is a HIT! This salsa has a nice clean tomato flavor, no added sugar and no additives or preservatives the package says that all the tomatoes come from local family farms since 1923 I just wish they would go a step further and tell us where those farms are… But that is not my only complaint the salsa itself is a little less chunky than most would like and is a little too runny; but I know that is just being picky and you will love the flavor. Retails for $2.70 Hirzel Canning Co. & Farms, Toledo, Ohio
877 592 6736
Duration : 0:4:29