New Product Hits & Misses
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don’t have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what’s out there! So Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100 so you know what you can expect when you try something new! SupermarketGuru does not sell the foods we review, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them. Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What’s in it, how natural is it?
5. (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.
8. (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint?
* products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score
To see more New Product Hits & Misses visit: http://www.supermarketguru.com
This product is a HIT! This is one of those products that will make celiacs overjoyed! Vans wheat and gluten free microwave pancakes are easy to cook just 25 seconds for one pancake and it is one of the lightest and fluffiest pancakes. Made with brown rice flour, Vans tests every batch for the presence of gluten. Retails for $3.29. Vans International Foods, Vernon, CA 323 585 5581
This product is a HIT! Remember your first marketing course? Youll need it to figure this out on the front of the label it says blackcurrants have twice the antioxidants of blueberries, but the flavor is blueberry nectar and the second ingredient is blueberry juice so make our life easy by putting on the label many antioxidants there are in a serving Getting past all that, the aroma and flavor of CurrantC is terrific, but read the label carefully as it is only 61% juice and has 70 g of sugar in this one bottle. Retails for $3.99. Currant Company, LLC, Staatsburg, NY 800 CurrantC http://www.CurrantC.com
This product is a HIT! We all know that flax is good for us and what I love about Flax USA Sprinkles is that they actually use a much finer grind, which makes it easier and more palatable to add to cereals, juices and smoothies and even sprinkle on ice cream. 2 tablespoons contains 2,700 mg of omega 3s and 4 grams of dietary fiber. Retails for $6.00. Flax USA, Inc, Goodrich, ND 866 352 9872 http://www.flaxusa.com
This product is a HIT! Kettle does it again with yet another flavor that stands out Spicy Thai Ginger with Attitude is exactly that. All natural with a great balance of garlic, jalapeño, ginger, Thai, onion, habanero, cayenne and white pepper this recipe really does the trick! This chip is not for dipping anything that would mask the flavor and spiciness would be a mistake. Retails for $2.99.
Kettle Foods, Inc., Salem, OR 888 453 8853
Summer means BBQ and that means hamburger and hot dog rolls Sara Lees new whole grain soft and smooth rolls are an almost perfect addition. I love the fact that we are consuming more and more whole grains and folks like Sara Lee are using better recipes that taste almost like white bread But what is with the High Fructose Corn Syrup? Retails for $2.99 – $3.29. Sara Lee, Downers Grove, IL 800 889 3556
Duration : 0:3:4