New Product Hits & Misses
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don’t have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what’s out there!
So Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100 so you know what you can expect when you try something new!
SupermarketGuru does not sell the foods we review, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them.
Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What’s in it, how natural is it?
5. (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.
8. (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint?
* products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score
To see more New Product Hits & Misses visit: http://www.supermarketguru.com
This product is a HIT! Theres nothing better than a chocolate protein monster normally I dont like protein shakes, but the chocolate flavor in this 90% organic product masks the flavor of all those good-for-you vitamins, minerals and soy. With 33 grams of protein you are gonna love this product that is; until you see the 50 grams of sugar. Retails for $3.29 Odwalla, Inc., Half Moon Bay, CA 800 639 2552
This product is a HIT! One taste of this cacao and you will understand why for centuries cacao was used as currency and made certain tribes very wealthy. This organic power food is perfect to add to yogurts, beverages, and even in cooking. Naturally rich in antioxidants cacao is also one of the richest sources of magnesium. Retails for $6.99. Navitas Naturals, Novato, CA 877 456 3405
This product is a HIT! Fair Trade is good, organic is good, dark chocolate is good and mulberries are good so what went wrong here? While I love the idea of this product and everything this company stands for the dark chocolate overpowers any taste of mulberry So listen up make a slight revision to your recipe and everyone will be buying your product. Retails for $3.99 Kopali Organics, Miami, FL305 751 7341
This product is a HIT! I wasnt sure about a chocolate peanut butter that has 85% less fat and 45% less calories until I took a taste. This peanut butter is guaranteed to be one of the most indulgent spreads youve ever tried. My recommendation is to put it on a potato chip youll love it! But be prepared this is one sweet tasting product. The recipe is a perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter one does not overpower the other. Theres no way youre going to think of this as a diet food and for those who are worried because of the peanut butter recalls this product is pasteurized. Retails for $3.99 Wonder Natural Foods Corp., Watermill, NY 631 726 4433
This product is a HIT! This cookie is more oatmeal-y than chocolate-y, but once you get past that it is one terrific cookie although it is loaded with 55 grams of carbs! I like the fact that they use only all-natural ingredients, no High Fructose Corn Syrup and no trans-fats and I love their little toaster-friendly logo. Only one request make the chocolate chunk a lot more chunky and chocolate-y! Retails for $1.20 Bakers Breakfast Cookie, Inc., Bellingham, WA 877 889 1090
Duration : 0:3:18